Date/Time: 3 Thursdays, May 4-25, 2017, 9:00 AM-12:00 PM (No class May 11)
This continuing class with Judy Blain, taught at the White Bear Center for the Arts, will alternate between formal lessons and independent work. Critiques are given every week for completed works. Please register at least 2 weeks in advance for this class.
The first class, May 4, we will begin with painting chickens in all their feathered glory.
PAPER: Arches Watercolor Paper – 140 lb. cold press
- Robert Simmons White Sable: Flat (One Stroke) 1 1/2”, 3/4”, 1/4”
- Black Velvet Silver Brush: 12, 6, 2.
- Black Velvet Silver Brush: Scrip Liner #8 and #4
- Hake Flat Wash Brush: 2 1/2”
- Yellow i) Cadmium Yellow Medium ii) Lemon Yellow iii) Yellow Ochre iv) Raw Sienna
- Orange i) Cadmium Orange ii) Burnt Sienna
- Reds i) Cadmium Red Medium ii) Scarlet Lake iii) Alizarin Crimson iv) Permanent Rose v) Light Red
- Violet i) Winsor Violet
- Blues i) French Ultramarine ii) Cobalt Blue iii) Cerulean Blue iv) Manganese Blue
- Green i) Thalo Green ii) Viridian Green iii) Hooker Green
- Brown i) Burnt Umber ii) Sepia
WATERCOLOR PALETTES: Frank Webb Watercolor Palette
- Masonite Board a. Should be cut to the size of your paper. Look for the masonite that is coated with white enamel on one side. Can be purchased at Home Depot, and cut to size free of charge
- Gatorboard a. More expensive than masonite and can be purchased at your art supply store
- Clamps a. To hold paper to the board
- Toilet Paper
- Water Containers
- Masking Fluid a. Tear Mender Fabric and Leather Repair Adhesive. Can be purchased at any hardware store
- Misting Bottle